Friday, 7 March 2014

Good Things Happen to Those Who Wait


In 2008, I felt a desire inside me to pursue higher studies. I considered doing a PhD. Thus, began my quest to find the right school, the appropriate supervisor and the right country to live in. Religiously, I would spend hours on the internet, carefully going through different university webpages. For four years, I received rejection replies from these universities. In 2013, I decided that it was going to be my last attempt at applying. Surprisingly, when I was about to give up, the admission to a good university happened. I wasn't admitted into the PhD program, but into another program where I had to prove myself first, before I made it into their PhD program.... Did I make it...Yes I did :)

It’s hard when people reject you. You might be rejected in a relationship, a job interview, a promotion or an admission into a specific university. But, that doesn't mean life is over...Not at all... There is always something better waiting for you. In my case, it took many years for my dream to come true. When things finally happened, the pain of rejection that I went through for several years was totally worth it. All I can say is to keep believing in yourself, even when nobody else does. It might seem like it’s never going to happen, but, the truth is it will... at the right time…The key word here is “TIME”… There is an appointed time for everything in life, so just learn to live with the flow and let things happen in its own pace and in its own time… :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with u Tabi......God Bless :)
    M waiting for my TIME to come.

    ReplyDelete