My mother had to undergo three unexpected surgeries in the last three weeks, and so I ended up spending a lot of time waiting outside the Operation Theatre (OT), and visiting her at the hospital. Most people, who were sitting with me outside the OT, had their loved ones go through some surgery. People were experiencing different kinds of emotions – Some looked happy because the doctor had told them that their loved ones had survived and were now safe. Some were eagerly waiting to hear the good or bad news; these individuals had anxiety and sadness written all over their faces. Some were expressionless (maybe they kept themselves busy to hide their pain…I don’t know).
The emotions people displayed at the hospital were quite similar to what I had witnessed at the airport. It takes close to about 18 hours of flying, and 20 hours of waiting at different airports to get to my final destination. I usually don’t care about the things happening around me, but this time it was different, I was observing people who were waiting to board their flights. Some passengers looked happy as they were going on a holiday. Some (the category I belong to) were sitting with a heavy heart because they had just said goodbye to their loved ones, and wasn’t sure when they would meet them next. Some were expression less and were buried into their phones or laptops (probably they are people travelling for official purposes).
People I had seen at the airport and the hospital had a story attached to their lives…a story probably similar or very different from mine…these were strangers who experienced various emotions just like I did… With some I could relate, even though I did not know them.
I want to end my blog with this quote - “Airports have seen more sincere hugs than weddings. Hospital walls have heard more honest prayers than churches” – Unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment